Pool deck resurfacing can transform your pool deck into a beautiful and working piece of art. A company like Pool Deck Resurfacing Las Vegas NV can do it for you. And you can turn it into a fun DIY experience as well. And here are the necessary factors to take note of, as well as the steps for the process you should know about. This piece is ideal if you are starting with how you can make your concrete look and work better.
Some Fundamentals First: What is Resurfacing?
There are many ways for you to improve the quality and efficiency of existing commercial and residential concrete. Resurfacing is one of them. What happens is that workers will apply a new concrete coating over pre-existing concrete surfaces and structures. And resurfacing also works to achieve an aesthetic outcome for your structures. It is an ideal option for:
- Indoor concrete
- Swimming pool decks
The Many Types Of Resurfacing Methods
If you think that there is only one way to resurface, better think again. Many approaches are out there. And we have some of the most popular and in-demand ones here in a list.
Stamping is a resurfacing procedure that allows your concrete to replicate specific elements without making use of them in the first place. These elements include wood, stone, brick, and other things.
Staining comes in two forms: water-based staining and acid-based staining. It is a better alternative to stamping that offers a variety of patterns and colors you can choose from.
Concrete flaking works best for garages and showcase areas. It makes use of concrete aggregates or flakes that make the surface durable and charming.
Stencils are one-of-a-kind when it comes to decorative resurfacing. It involves the usage of designs and patterns that are too complicated to draw by hand alone.
The Important Considerations
- Pool deck resurfacing improves your pool deck’s overall lifespan.
- It is a swell alternative to replacing the concrete structure entirely.
- You can get rid of imperfections, cracks, and uneven leveling with the process.
- Resurfacing your pool will save you a lot of money.
- Your pool deck will withstand heavy use and become more slip-resistant with resurfacing.
- Pool deck resurfacing is something you can do without a professional giving you a hand.
Steps For Pool Deck Resurfacing
- The first part of the process is to prepare the pool deck surface. This part includes chemical treatment and grinding.
- The next step is to clean the area and remove any visible dirt and other things. You can use a pressure washer or a broom to do this.
- Next comes the mixing of the coating product. You may include integral or custom colors for the mixture.
- Once the mixture is ready, workers will apply it via a spray or trowel. The application may include adding any additional decorative properties.
- Let the coating dry. The drying process can take less than a day or more than a week. It depends on the type of product.
- The last part is the application of a sealer. The sealer acts as a layer that protects the coating. And it prevents things like dirt, water, and stains from penetrating the newly-treated concrete.
Your commercial pools and residential pools will never be the same again once you give them a second wind with a concrete pool deck resurfacing. And if you have plans to do it, do some research first. Find out what type of surfacing your pool requires. And if that does not work out for you, you can contact a local firm to get the job done for you instead. One can work wonders to your concrete and transform it into something that boasts quality, efficiency, and appeal.